Bradley M. Zamczyk maintains a national defense practice emphasizing complex litigation as well as professional liability matters. Mr. Zamczyk’s professional liability experience includes representation of attorneys, real estate professionals, accountants, insurance agents, insurance companies, and health care providers.
In addition, a significant portion of his practice involves the defense of design professional in claims involving all aspects of design and construction, including design and construction defects, professional negligence and contract disputes.
He has also handled a wide variety of general liability cases, including products liability, premises liability, construction defect, employment discrimination, defamation, environmental and business torts.
Mr. Zamczyk’s trial experience includes the successful defense of real estate professionals in fraud and negligence matters, lawyers in negligence and State Bar complaints, and claims for insurance bad faith and contribution.
Mr. Zamczyk has an extensive appellate practice, including a successful petition to the California Supreme Court in Vandenberg v. Superior Court (1999) 21 Cal.4th 815, discussing the applicability of collateral estoppel to findings in commercial arbitration and the scope of coverage for contractual damages.
Representative Matters :
- In June 2013, successfully defended a California State Bar action seeking disbarment of attorney for mishandling settlement funds, including allegations of moral turpitude, dishonesty or corruption. After trial, the judge rejected the State Bar’s attempts at disbarment and recommended a 90 day suspension.
- Obtained summary judgment in January 2013 on the issue of causation and damages on behalf of a mid-size law firm in a contentious legal malpractice case arising out of underlying trust and estate issues.
- Successfully defended an international insurer in coverage and bad faith actions filed in California and London. The California Court of Appeal affirmed the trial court decision.
- Extensive experience drafting contracts and agreements for alarm companies and alarm monitoring companies, and counseling regarding licensing requirements for alarm sales, installation and monitoring.
Professional Affiliations :
- California Bar Association, Member
- San Francisco County Bar Association, Member
Rate : $$$