Brandan Montminy is dedicated to providing responsive and practical advice and counsel to clients in a wide array of litigation matters, as well as in privacy, data protection, cybersecurity compliance, and incident preparedness and response. Brandan represents clients across multiple industries, including banking & finance, commercial, construction, health care, insurance, professional services, real estate, and technology.
Brandan’s litigation experience includes advising and representing a variety of local and foreign businesses and individuals throughout the litigation process, including managing discovery, leading mediations, preparing and defending witnesses for depositions and trial testimony, defending and taking depositions, working with expert witnesses, preparing clients and matters for trial, negotiating complex settlement agreements, and providing post-verdict and appellate advice.
Brandan is a member of the Firm’s nationally recognized Privacy & Cybersecurity Group and Incident Response Team. Whether advising clients prophylactically regarding the design and implementation of privacy, data protection, and vendor policies and contracts, or reactively by directing forensic investigation, analysis, or litigation stemming from potential data breaches, Brandan leverages the Firm’s resources and relationships with vendors in consulting, forensics, public relations, and consumer services to provide clients seamless solution solving.
Professional Affiliations :
- Advisory Board Member, Cyber Law Consortium
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Member, Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Board Member, Texas General Counsel Forum
- J.D., with honors, The University of Texas School of Law, 2013
- B.A., Business Administration/Political Science, summa cum laude, Austin College, 2010
Admissions : Texas, 2013
Admitted To Practice :
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
Rate : $$$