Brandon T. Crossland is a commercial litigator with in-depth experience handling complex contractual matters and business disputes. Over the past few years, he has concentrated on breach of contract, corporate and shareholder disputes, timeshare and hospitality litigation for one of the leading timeshare companies in the world, and debt collection, foreclosure and restructuring matters on behalf of financial institutions.
He has also been involved in federal bankruptcy litigation and issues relating to music copyright and intellectual property. Brandon is thoughtful, aggressive and committed to resolving issues for his clients, whether part of pre-suit negotiations or at any point throughout the litigation process.
His experience allows him to understand his clients’ business and legal needs, and enables him to be a trusted counselor who can provide advice related to every aspect of an issue.
- Successfully defended a local company against claims of tortious interference and violations of Florida’s Uniform Trade Secrets Act by assisting the client in resolving the dispute at mediation for a cost-effective and extremely positive result.
- Obtained a final judgment in favor of a firm client giving them the right to immediately collect on a multimillion-dollar judgment, and thwarted the improper efforts of a judgment debtor to avoid the client’s collection efforts. Acted as lead trial counsel in a multi-day trial in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida.
- Successfully resolved a multimillion-dollar shareholder dispute prior to the clients being forced to expend significant legal fees in a lengthy lawsuit by negotiating an amicable resolution, despite the existence of difficult contractual terms in a poorly drafted shareholder agreement. Ultimately, assisted the clients in drafting a new shareholder agreement, which excluded the disputing shareholder, and gave the clients their business back.
- Florida State Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association: Young Lawyers Section
- J.D., Stetson University College of Law, 2005, cum laude
- B.A., Political Science, University of Florida, 2002, with honors
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
Rate : $$$$