Brandon D. Harper is a skilled litigator with particular experience in the areas of white collar and corporate investigations as well as antitrust and competition. His experience includes guiding clients through all facets of litigation from pre-complaint fact-gathering through trial and appeal.
Brandon has experience negotiating and conducting discovery, preparing for depositions and trial, drafting dispositive motions and appellate briefs, and counseling clients on all aspects of litigation. He handles a broad array of high-stakes litigation in matters related to antitrust and competition, health care, consumer class actions and products liability, SEC enforcement, regulatory counseling, and restructuring.
Brandon maintains an active pro bono practice focused on veterans’ rights and constitutional law issues. Before joining O’Melveny, Brandon served as a law clerk to the Honorable Karen Nelson Moore of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and the Honorable Raymond A. Jackson of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia. Brandon also serves as a Director of the American Mock Trial Association Board of Directors.
- United States v. AT&T, et al.: Member of trial team that successfully defended $85 billion AT&T-Time Warner merger against challenge by the United States Department of Justice
- Represented and co-authored appellate brief on behalf of leading national pet food manufacturer on successful appeal of its dismissal of a Lanham Act false advertising action
- Representing the Puerto Rico Fiscal Agency and Financial Advisory Authority in connection with the Commonwealth’s Title III restructuring proceedings
- Representing and advising a large health issuer in connection with a potential federal-court action
- Represented financial institution in its successful challenge to an action of the Securities and Exchange Commission
- Represented and advised major international corporation in connection with a potential action under the Administrative Procedure Act
- Pro Bono:
- Representing spouse of Vietnam War veteran before the United States Department of Veterans Affairs in connection with an application for survivor benefits
- Represented and advised a community legal services organization regarding a potential challenge to federal government immigration enforcement policies
- Participated in veterans’ rights clinic
- New York
- US Court of Appeals, Fourth, Sixth, and Eighth Circuits
- US Court of Federal Claims
- University of Pennsylvania, J.D., 2014: Editor-in-Chief, University of Pennsylvania Journal of Constitutional Law; Member, Supreme Court Clinic; James J. Mandarino Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy; Best Oralist/Finalist, Edwin R. Keedy Moot Court Competition; National & Two-Time Regional Trial Advocacy Competition Champion
- Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Certificate in Management, 2014
- Washington University, A.B., American Politics and Political Theory, 2009: President, Washington University Mock Trial
- Honorable Karen Nelson Moore, US Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- Honorable Raymond A. Jackson, US District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- American Mock Trial Association Board of Directors (2014-Present)
- Washington University Board of Governors, Young Alumni Board (2011-Present)
Rate : $$$