Brandon F. Renken is a Partner in Locke Lord’s commercial litigation department with considerable trial and courtroom experience. Brandon focuses on maintaining a broad-based commercial litigation practice concentrating on all types of complex commercial disputes, both as plaintiff and defendant.
- Obtained $15 million dollar payment in settlement of dispute arising from natural gas gathering and processing contract dispute. Defendants increased offer from $1 million to $15 million following first week of plaintiff’s presentation and case in chief during what was scheduled as a two week jury trial.
- Obtained settlement of trade secret litigation, as plaintiff, for industrial health and safety services and training company. Settlement included an express acknowledgment of the existence and value of disputed trade secret methodology.
- Represented historical Texas ranch in preserving and maintaining trade dress and trademark rights throughout Texas, including federal litigation related to same.
- Obtained multi-million dollar verdict in maritime arbitration related to the purchase of an offshore diving and dive support vessel.
- Represented plaintiff/counter-defendant subcontractor as solo lead counsel in bench trial against property owner related to claims of breach of contract, DTPA, and breach of express and implied warranties.
- Obtained summary judgment against a seller who was trying to retain escrow funds in a failed commercial real estate transaction.
- Represented downhole technology company in AAA arbitration against claims of fraud related to a multi-million dollar stock purchase transaction.
- Assisted in obtaining a multi-million dollar settlement as plaintiff in lawsuit related to agricultural contamination and genetically modified crops. Drafted argument related to a hotly-contested damage issue that resulted in settlement.
Professional Affiliations :
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Member, Texas Bar Foundation
- Adjunct Professor, University of Houston Law Center
- J.D., with honors, The University of Texas School of Law, 2006
- B.A., cum laude, Harvard University, 2003
Admissions : Texas, 2006; Oregon, 2012
Admitted To Practice :
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
Rate : $$$