Brandon M. Taaffe is in the Broker-Dealer Litigation practice group of Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP, Brandon focuses his practice on broker-dealer litigation and arbitration. He represents large financial institutions and stock brokers in Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) arbitration, in state and federal court, as well as high net-worth individuals in securities litigation and violations of contractual covenants.
An accomplished rower, Brandon competed on championship crew teams throughout high school and as a varsity rower at Trinity College. He continues to enjoy athletics by competing in various running races, rowing and Ironman triathlons, completing his first full Ironman triathlon in 2017.
He is also an avid waterman, enjoying boating, stand-up paddle boarding, fly-fishing, and surfing in and on the waters around Sarasota. Brandon is passionate about the preservation of Sarasota Bay and serves on the board of Sarasota Bay Watch.
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2015
- B.A., History and Political Science, Trinity College, 2012
Bar and Court Admissions:
- Florida, 2015
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 2017
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2017
- As a trial attorney, argued and won a $1.2 million note reduction in FINRA Arbitration in New York City, NY.
- As a trial attorney, argued and won two customer claim expungements in FINRA arbitration in Detroit, MI.
- Shumaker Wins Expungement for Advisor
- 10.2018 Fratarcangeli Award – FINRA Office of Dispute Resolution
- Shumaker Attorneys Defeat Half Million Note
- 10.24.2018 AdvisorHub – Fired UBS Broker, a Hunting Show Host, Gets to Keep His Half-Million-Dollar Note Balance
- 10.2018 Creekbaum Award – FINRA Office of Dispute Resolution
- Shumaker Wins Defamation Case for Financial Advisor Against Merrill Lynch
- 05.02.2018 AdvisorHub – Merrill to Pay $750,000 for Defaming Broker by Insinuating Insider Trading
- 05.02.2018 Citywire – Merrill to pay ex-offshore broker $750,000 in defamation case
- Shumaker Attorneys Obtain TRO on Behalf of Morgan Stanley
- 02.06.2018 AdvisorHub – Judge Hands Morgan Stanley Another TRO Win, Hands Off to FINRA
Rate : $$$