Brandy A. Hood is an Associate in the Washington, DC office of Buckley Sandler LLP. Ms. Hood advises financial institutions, nonbank lenders and servicers, insurers, and others on federal and state consumer financial services issues, including the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Flood Disaster Protection Act (FDPA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), Unfair and Deceptive Acts and Practices (UDAP), Unfair, Deceptive, or Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAAP), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), and Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
Her practice includes:
- Advising over a dozen clients on various issues relating to flood insurance, including developing flood insurance policies and procedures and responding to threatened enforcement actions
- Advising on compliance with the new TILA-RESPA integrated disclosure rules
- Preparing comprehensive surveys of federal and state laws and regulations on various mortgage lending and servicing topics
- Analyzing mortgage origination document packages to ensure compliance with federal and state law
- Reviewing mortgage servicing operations in preparation for a Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) examination
- Evaluating default servicing operations for compliance with new servicing standards and regulations
- Maintaining and managing an interactive, searchable database of state laws relevant to consumer financial services, including mortgage lending and servicing, credit cards, retail banking, and non-mortgage consumer lending
Ms. Hood received her J.D. from Tulane University (cum laude) in 2008. During law school, she was a judicial extern for the Honorable Lance Africk in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana and was an editor for the Tulane Journal of International and Comparative Law. Ms. Hood received her B.A. from George Washington University in 2003.
Rate : $$$