Brandy Worden’s litigation and counseling practice spans a number of industries and matter types, including high-stakes insurance coverage with damages exceeding one hundred million dollars, cybersecurity and privacy, appellate, real estate, commercial litigation, products liability, contract disputes, and complex construction.
Brandy’s litigation philosophy emphasizes client goals whether that calls for litigation through trial and appeals, or informal resolution. Her 360-degree view on civil litigation includes: 1) Representation of plaintiffs/defendants from individuals to Fortune 100 companies, including first chairing at trial, successfully drafting and arguing dispositive motions, extensive deposition experience, and so forth; 2) The view from the bench gained while externing for Judge Illston of the Northern District of California; 3) A regulatory perspective while clerking for federal agencies, including the U.S. Attorney’s Office and the Federal Trade Commission; and 4) The in-house perspective gained while serving as interim regional counsel for a Fortune 100 company managing commercial litigation across 13 states.
This combination of experience provides the wealth of unique insights Brandy uses to handle a wide range of litigation matters.
Brandy counsels clients regarding insurance issues across various types of insurance policies and risks. She also assists with a number of risk management issues, including conducting coverage analyses and drafting policy provisions.
Brandy also brings her passion about law and technology into her counseling practice. As a CIPP/US- and Harvard-certified cyber risk management professional, she counsels clients regarding cybersecurity, data breach response, online customer disputes, vendor risk management and agreements, cyber incident response planning, and best privacy business practices.
- University of California, Hastings College of Law, J.D. (2011)
- University of California, San Diego, B.A. (2008)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Women in Security and Privacy
- California Bar Association
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
Rate : $$$$