Brendan Cook is a member of the Firm’s Global Dispute Resolution and the North America Litigation practice groups. Brendan is recognized by Chambers USA, which states Brendan “is recognized for his work on energy matters and that clients praise him as a hard headed litigator; he knows what he wants and he’ll never stop until he gets it”.
He has extensive experience handling international arbitration and litigation cases for oil and gas companies, real estate developers, insurers, industrial utilities, as well as companies involved in the construction, manufacturing, and the energy area. He has tried cases in numerous Texas courts and has arbitrated before the LCIA, ICC, SCC, ICDR, AAA and many other well recognized arbitral institutions.
Brendan has practiced law since 1981 and has extensive business litigation and arbitration experience. He has successfully handled a wide array of cases for major real estate developers, insurers, oil and gas companies, industrial utilities, and other clients generally involved in construction, manufacturing, and the energy arena.
Clients include those ranging from individual entrepreneurs to Fortune 100 companies. He has handled domestic and cross border disputes for clients in the United States, France, Turkey, Mexico, Spain, England, Canada, Thailand, and China, among others.
- University of Tulsa College of Law (J.D.) (1981)
- State University of New York (B.A. Economics) (1978)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri~United States (2018)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan~United States (2016)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit~United States (2011)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit~United States (2000)
- Texas Supreme Court~United States (2000)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association
- London Court of International Arbitration – European Users’ Council
- Houston Bar Foundation – Fellow
- Houston Bar Association
Representative Legal Matters:
- Obtained USD 6 million LCIA award on behalf of international oil field service company due to breach of drilling contracts in relation to oil & gas project in Senegal.
- Represented drilling contractor in ICC hearing in Stockholm, Sweden and secured a USD 45 million award stemming from a dispute regarding the use of drilling rigs in Turkmenistan.
- Represented nationally-recognized consulting firm and obtained a defense verdict in USD 15 million partnership dispute tried in Texas state court.
- Resolved putative class action claims alleging USD 75 million in liability against a multinational telecommunications company for a nominal settlement amount.
- Secured a jury verdict and take nothing judgment in multimillion dollar premises liability dispute brought against nationally recognized homebuilder.
Rate : $$$