With a business degree and background as in-house counsel, Brendan Fleming understands how client institutions think. His inside perspective helps him readily accomplish client goals.
While he had always planned on a legal career, Brendan’s interest in finance led him to major in business and entrepreneurship as an undergraduate.
The challenging material in his finance courses excited him, but his passion was primarily driven by the knowledge that financial decisions were at the heart of any business. He knew that he wanted to focus his legal practice on the field so that he could help clients with the goals most central to their business success.
Brendan joined the firm after serving as in-house counsel to a public company, where he focused on financial matters, transactions and capital markets.
His previous experience gives him an inside view on how managers, boards and shareholders think, and he readily understands client concerns and goals. Brendan helps clients manage acquisitions and other corporate transactions, and he loves nothing more than closing a deal and seeing stakeholders happy and excited.
- Drafted and organized closing documents for $130 million senior secured revolving loan credit facility with bank.
- Drafted credit agreement waivers, amendments and loan party joinders and reviewed lender’s UCC filings.
- Drafted and negotiated guaranties for real estate and finance transactions, as well as subordination agreements for promissory notes issued by publicly-traded hospital management company as purchase price consideration.
- Advised and counseled company for numerous Reg. D private placement offerings of equity in surgery center and hospital operating and management companies.
- Advised and counseled company during $61 million portfolio acquisition of equity in four healthcare management companies, including financing, due diligence review and negotiation and drafting of definitive agreements.
- J.D., South Texas College of Law
- B.B.A., University of Texas at Arlington
Admissions : Texas
Rate : $$$$