Brendan J. Thomas represents public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions in a broad range of industries. He has significant experience with private equity financings and representing financial institutions in capital raising activities, mergers and acquisitions, and bank regulatory matters.
Brendan assists clients, including public and private companies, private equity investment firms, and financial institutions, with mergers and acquisitions and general corporate law matters.
As part of the full range of services he provides, Brendan advises clients on structural issues and reviews, as well as prepares and negotiates purchase agreements and various ancillary documents in connection with mergers and acquisitions.
In addition, he focuses on assisting community banks with bank regulatory matters, assisting publicly and privately held businesses with public offerings and private placements of debt and equity securities, and representing public companies in SEC reporting, corporate governance and compliance matters.
Representative Matters :
- Represented America II Electronics in a recapitalization led by Wynnchurch Capital.
- Represented Inmark LLC in a recapitalization led by Quad-C Management Inc.
- Represented M & A Ventures LLC, d/b/a REPAY: Realtime Electronic Payments, in a recapitalization led by Corsair Capital.
- Represented Pugh Oil Co. in a recapitalization led by Tenex Capital Partners.
- Represented United Community Banks Inc. in connection with its acquisitions of Four Oaks Fincorp Inc., HCSB Financial Corp., Navitas Credit Corp. and Palmetto Bancshares Inc.
Professional and Community Involvement : Member, Advisory Board, Atlanta Memorial Park Conservancy Inc.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 2010
- University of Georgia, MAcc, 2007
- University of Georgia, B.B.A., with honors, summa cum laude, 2006
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
Rate : $$$