Whether helping clients actualize their business goals or navigate the complex regulatory landscapes surrounding securities or financial services, Brenna provides her clients practical, accessible and insightful counsel.
Brenna works with public and private companies on a wide range of corporate matters including equity and debt offerings, SEC reporting, corporate governance and financial services regulatory matters. Specifically, Brenna has experience in the following areas :
- Buy- and sell-side mergers and acquisitions
- Private placements and public offerings for a variety of companies including highly regulated financial institutions
- Corporate and de novo bank formations
- Licensing and regulatory compliance for state and nationally chartered banks, credit unions and nonbank financial services companies.
In her pro bono work, Brenna helps low-income clients with criminal record restrictions and assists nonprofit entities with formation and 501(c)(3) applications.
Representative Matters :
- Represent a private bank holding company with $2 billion-plus in assets in a $453 million merger with a $9.8 billion-asset bank holding company.
- Advising a public bank holding company on participation in the private placement of a data analytics company.
- Counseling a Canadian company with respect to its SEC reporting requirements and public offering.
- Acting as counsel to a nonbank commercial equipment finance company in connection with state licensing matters.
- Represented a bank holding company in a $130 million acquisition of a high-performing equipment finance platform with a national reach.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Member, Young Professional Advisory Committee, Atlanta Children’s Shelter
- Member, ACG of Atlanta
- Member, Corporate Bar Association
Professional Experience : Extern, North Carolina Office of the Commissioner of Banks, 2016
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D., with high honors, Order of the Coif, 2017, Editor-in-Chief, North Carolina Banking Institute Journal
- University of Redlands, B.A., Proudian Interdisciplinary Scholar, Phi Beta Kappa, 2008
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
COURT ADMISSIONS : Georgia Superior Courts
Rate : $$$