Brennan H. Meier is a trial lawyer whose practice focuses on energy-related litigation, complex commercial litigation, and corporate crisis management.
After earning his undergraduate degree with honors from Duke University, Mr. Meier spent two years teaching in Las Vegas, Nevada, as a member of Teach for America. After teaching, Mr. Meier attended Southern Methodist University’s Dedman School of Law, where he received his J.D. magna cum laude. During law school, Mr. Meier served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Barbara M.G. Lynn of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas in Dallas, as well as serving as an intern for the United States Attorney’s Office, Dallas Division.
Prior to joining Akin Gump, Mr. Meier served as a law clerk to the Honorable Jane J. Boyle of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas in Dallas. Mr. Meier has tried more than 10 cases to verdict since joining Akin Gump, with some of those trials coming as a prosecutor in the Dallas County District Attorney’s Office as a lawyer on loan. Mr. Meier has argued and won numerous hearings in state and federal court and has served as a fierce advocate for the firm’s clients.
Mr. Meier’s recent representations include:
- Drafted, argued and won summary judgment in favor of a publicly-traded company in a products liability action, averting a potential multimillion-dollar judgment against the firm’s client
- Developed and implemented strategy regarding publicly-traded company’s response to allegations of wrongdoing across qui tam, class action, and products liability lawsuits in high profile, high pressure environment
- Provided analysis and guidance in securing a favorable settlement for secured lenders in Securities and Exchange Commission receivership litigation related to a real estate Ponzi scheme
- Won a jury verdict in federal district court related to data privacy causes of action, including selecting the jury, examining witnesses and delivering the closing argument
- Argued and won a favorable outcome in a preliminary injunction hearing related to misappropriation of trade secrets claims against a firm client
- Presenter, “The Attorney-Client Privilege Survival Guide,” Akin Gump In-House CLE Series (January, 24 2018)
- Panelist, Review of Litigation Panel Discussion, University of Texas School of Law (Spring 2014).
- Panelist, Judicial Clerkship Panel Discussion, SMU Dedman School of Law (Spring 2013)
- Associate member of The Patrick E. Higginbotham Inn of Court (2014-2015; 2017-2018)
- Member of the Duke University Alumni Association
- Member of the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- J.D., Southern Methodist University School of Law, magna cum laude, 2012
- M.Ed., University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 2009
- B.A., Duke University, cum laude, 2007
- U.S.D.C., Northern District of Texas
Rate : $$$