Brent Titus serves on the firm’s Executive Committee as the vice president of the firm’s Lansing office. Brent’s clients include financial institutions, insurance companies, real estate brokers, developers, hospitals, manufacturers, farmers, municipalities and colleges. Brent’s practice focuses primarily in real estate with an emphasis on:
- Commercial Real Estate Transactions: Commercial purchase and sales agreements and transactions for manufacturing facilities, colleges, hospitals, communication towers, restaurants, shopping centers and apartment complexes.
- Landlord-Tenant: Commercial lease negotiations, disputes and evictions.
- Real Estate Development: Land Division Act, Condominium Act, zoning, construction contracts, construction liens, subdivision restrictions and easements.
- Real Estate Finance: Loan documentation, modifications, workouts, deeds-in-lieu of foreclosure, collections, mezzanine loans and bankruptcy remote entities.
- Real Estate Brokerage: Listing agreements, agency disclosures, buyer/broker agreements, Commercial Broker Lien Act and property management agreements.
- Environmental Law: Environmental audits, baseline environmental assessments and due care documentation.
Holding memberships in the American Bar Association, the State Bar of Michigan and its Real Property Law Section, and the Ingham County Bar Association, Brent is also admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court’s Western and Eastern Districts of Michigan.
He is a member of the American Bar Association’s Forum on the Construction Industry and is an associate member of the American Institute of Architects. He has also been a member of various charitable and bank boards in the local community.
- Ohio State University College of Law, J.D., 1984
- University of Michigan-Flint, B.B.A., 1981, with high distinction (minor in economics)
Bar and Court Admissions:
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Michigan Supreme Court
Rate : $$$$