Brent E. Horstman is a partner and Practice Group Leader in the Finance and Bankruptcy Practice Group in the firm’s Los Angeles office. Mr. Horstman practices commercial law with a specialty in real and personal property, secured financings, and workouts. He represents lenders, corporate borrowers, and private equity sponsors.
Mr. Horstman’s practice encompasses a wide range of debt financing types, including single lender and syndicated credits; senior-secured; second-lien; mezzanine; unitranche; FF&E financings; merger and acquisition financings; recapitalizations and working capital loans; cross-border loans; and problem loan restructurings.
Mr. Horstman has worked on transactions involving numerous industries, including a significant number of transactions in the hotel, gaming and leisure; media entertainment; mortgage banking and health care industries.
- J.D., Columbia University, 2001
- B.A., Yale University, 1998
Admissions : California
- Representation of administrative agent in connection with a $125 million FF&E financing in connection with the construction and development of two casinos in Cleveland, OH and Cincinnati, OH.
- Representation of administrative agent in connection with an approximately $55 million term loan credit facility to owner and operator of Florida casino, the proceeds of which were used to consummate a dividend recap and the refinancing of the borrower’s existing credit facility.
- Representation of administrative agent in connection with a $125 million FF&E financing in connection with the construction and development of a casino in Baltimore, MD.
- Representation of private equity firm in connection with senior secured revolving and term loan facilities, the proceeds of which were used to take Playboy Enterprises, Inc. private.
- Representation of private equity sponsor in connection with its acquisition of IT consulting and cloud computing systems business.
- Representation of private equity sponsor in connection with its debt and equity investments in a Caribbean digital cable television provider, which involved numerous cross-border collateral issues.
- Representation of private equity sponsor in connection with a $125 million revolving and term loan credit facility to its portfolio company, a provider of patient-specific medications for chronic pain patients, the proceeds of which were used for working capital and various acquisitions.
- Representation of Cubic Corporation, a provider of diversified systems and services to the transportation and defense industries, in connection with the refinancing of its credit facilities with a $400 million revolving credit facility and a $125 million senior note facility.
- Representation of administrative agent for syndicated asset-based financing, featuring senior revolving and term facilities and a term b facility, to a pet products company to finance the acquisition of another pet products company and other working capital needs.
- Representation of administrative agent for senior financing, featuring revolving and term loan facilities, and mezzanine financing for a satellite TV and high speed internet provider.
- Member, Financial Lawyers Conference
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Key Sponsor, Commercial Finance Conference of California
- Alumni Representative, Polytechnic School, Pasadena, California
Rate : $$$$