Brent Owen represents energy, consumer products and political clients in high-stakes litigation at trial and on appeal. He assists clients with internal corporate disputes, product liability claims (including mass tort claims), novel and complex constitutional issues and environmental litigation (including CERCLA).
His experience includes trials in both state and federal courts before judges and juries, as well as handling pre-suit negotiations, mediations, depositions and arguing motions. A former law clerk to the Colorado Supreme Court, Brent brings unique and creative approaches to resolve litigation in a client’s favor as early as possible, and he is well situated to protect a client’s interests through the appellate process.
Brent’s college experience as a full-scholarship Division I offensive lineman allows him to appreciate the value of consistent hard work in achieving a favorable result.
During law school, Brent externed for the Honorable Kristen L. Mix and the Honorable Christine Arguello at the US District Court in the District of Colorado. Following law school, Brent served as a law clerk to the Honorable Nancy E. Rice of the Colorado Supreme Court.
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Colorado Supreme Court Advisory Committee on the Rules of Civil Procedure, 2015-18
- Academy 360, Founding Board Member and Secretary, 2011-14
- Colorado Succeeds Advisory Council – member of Colorado Succeeds Talent Task Force
- University of Colorado, Order of the Coif, Dean’s List, managing editor, Journal on Telecommunications and High Technology Law, 2012
- Wofford College, B.A., Kirby Endowed Full Scholarship Athlete, 2009
Rate : $$$