Brent Rees largely focuses on business immigration issues involving the recruitment, hiring, transfers and retention of international workers. He has substantial experience in the areas of permanent and temporary labor certifications, immigrant petitions (i.e., EB-1, EB-2, EB-3 and EB-4) and a wide variety of visas including H-1B, TN, E-2, L-1A, H-2B, R-1 and P visas.
With a strong background in employment-based visa classifications, Brent offers clients strategic guidance at all stages of the employment relationship. He has served clients in a variety of industries, including health care, technology, hospitality, manufacturing, engineering, education and landscaping.
Brent was a frequent speaker on immigration topics in both the United States and Mexico, with an emphasis on H-2B visas and the temporary and permanent labor certification process. Brent has also been a speaker at conferences in the landscaping, nursery and snow removal industries.
From 2007 through 2010, Brent provided pro bono immigration advice and services to victims of crimes in the Tampa, FL area.
Brent speaks English and Spanish.
- Managed L-1B and B-1 visa program for a large information technology company based in India
- Advised clients on EB-2 and EB-3 labor certification applications, multinational manager and executive immigrant petitions, outstanding researcher and extraordinary ability classifications
- Represented start-up companies and provided guidance on immigration law procedures and compliance, and development of internal immigration policies to ensure continued legal compliance
- Provided advice to major corporations regarding compliance issues as they pertain to the employment of foreign nationals
- University of Baltimore School of Law | J.D., 1997
- Miami University (Ohio) | B.A., 1994
Bar Admissions: Maryland
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
Rate : $$$$