Mr. Brent R. Somers began his law career in Los Angeles, California at Greenberg, Glusker, Fields, Claman & Machtinger in Century City and then for Rifkind, Sterling & Levin in Beverly Hills. At both firms, he focused on commercial real estate transactions of all kinds, including representation of landlords and tenants in leasing matters.
He next served over 5 years as General Counsel for Standard Management Company, a company headquartered in Los Angeles which owned and managed a large and diverse real estate portfolio spread across the nation, including shopping centers, office buildings, industrial facilities, apartment complexes and mobile home parks.
In 1990, Mr. Somers left Standard for private practice representing three significant commercial real estate companies in Los Angeles. Starting in September 1995, Mr. Somers returned in-house as General Counsel for Senterra Real Estate Group, L.L.C., the property management company that leased and managed Greenway Plaza in Houston, Texas for many years.
He was serving in this capacity when the project was purchased in October 1996 by Crescent Real Estate Equities, Ltd., a publicly-traded Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas. Mr. Somers stayed on as General Counsel with Senterra until early 1998, when Crescent chose him to serve as its first Regional Counsel in Houston.
He was promoted to Asset Management Counsel for Crescent’s entire portfolio in July 1999, at which time he was transferred to the company’s home office in Fort Worth. In October 2000, he was promoted once again to become Vice President and Asset Management Counsel for Crescent.
During his tenure at Crescent, Mr. Somers managed and delivered a broad array of operational, leasing and legal services furnished to Crescent’s portfolio of Class A office properties located in Texas, Colorado, Florida, Washington, Georgia, Arizona and California, including the development, implementation and monitoring of operational procedures for the approval, execution and distribution of leases, consents, contracts and other agreements.
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D.
- Texas A&M University, B.S. in Agronomy, summa cum laude
- Crescent Real Estate Equities, Ltd. (V.P. and Asst. General Counsel)
- Santerra Real Estate Group LLC (General Counsel)
- Standard Management Co. (General Counsel)
BAR ADMISSION : Texas
- State Bar of Texas
- Tarrant County Bar Association (Real Estate and Corporate Counsel Sections)
- Society of Commercial Realtors
- Greater Fort Worth Real Estate Council
- Rotary Club of Fort Worth
Representative Experience and Transactions:
- Creating and negotiating comprehensive industrial ground lease for new cement batch plant facility.
- Assisting private minority owner in restoring her rights, cleaning up title and preparing properties for sale and development.
- Developed and implemented numerous streamlining projects to improve and expedite significant commercial real estate processes, including:
- User-Friendly Office and Retail Leases
- Tenant Delinquency Procedures
- Document Distribution Procedures
- Standard Construction, Consulting and Services Contracts
- Armed Intruder Guidelines
Rate : $$$