Bret Lowell is an internationally recognized leader in franchise and distribution law, and has counseled and represented clients across a broad spectrum of industries, including restaurants and food service, car rental, hotel and motel, health care, financial services, high tech, real estate and retail.
Bret’s experience includes extensive analysis as to whether arrangements constitute “franchises;” drafting and negotiating domestic and international franchise, distribution and license agreements; preparation and filing of disclosure documents; counsel and advice regarding the establishment and operation of franchise and distribution systems; counsel and advice regarding termination, transfer and renewal obligations; dispute resolution, including representation before federal and state government agencies; mediation; due diligence reviews and document preparation in connection with public offerings, mergers and acquisitions; and trademark and other intellectual property matters.
- Program Chair, 13th Annual Forum on Franchising
- International Bar Association, Section on Business Law, International Franchising Committee
- American Intellectual Property Law Association, Licensing and Franchising Law Committees
- Franchise Advisor, Franchise and Business Opportunities Committee, North American Securities Administrators Association, Washington, DC
- Arbitrator, Franchise Arbitration and Mediation, Inc., Newport Beach, CA
- American Bar Association
- Antitrust Law Section, Franchising Committee
- Forum on Franchising, Immediate Past Chair (1995 – 1996), Chair (1992 – 1995), Governing Committee (1988 – 1992), Membership Chair (1988 – 1989)
- International Franchise Association
- Franchise Education and Research Foundation
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center 1978
- B.A., State University of New York 1975
Rate : $$$