Bret Feldman is a board-certified construction lawyer practicing in the areas of construction and commercial litigation. He specializes in resolving construction disputes for clients through negotiation, litigation, arbitration, or mediation.
His clients typically include project developers, engineers, architects, contractors, sub-contractors, material suppliers, property owners, and condominium and homeowners’ associations.
In addition to drafting and negotiating construction contracts, he has litigated cases involving claims for breach of contract, breach of warranty, design or construction defects, insurance coverage and defense, negligence and professional negligence, unjust enrichment, construction liens, non-competes and product defect litigation.
He regularly appears in Florida’s state and federal courts. Mr. Feldman has served as developers’ counsel in numerous design defect and construction defect claims, many involving the statutory warranty under Chapter 718, Florida Statutes.
He has represented design professionals and contractors in construction disputes with owners and has served as counsel for owners and associations in claims against developers, contractors, and designers. He has also defended engineers against claims of negligence and breach of contract for their work on Environmental Site Assessments.
Mr. Feldman has both prosecuted and defended construction lien claims on behalf of contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers, and owners. He regularly assists clients by preparing construction contracts on behalf of both owners and contractors.
- University of Florida, Levin College of Law, J.D., Graduated with Honors, 2000
- University of Florida, M.A., Graduated with Honors, in Journalism, 2000
- University of Florida, B.A., Graduated with Honors, in Journalism, 1996
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI)
- Justice William G. Terrell American Inn of Court
- Florida counsel for international condominium conversion developer defending against statutory warranty, construction defect, design defect, and various tort claims brought by condominium associations.
- Lead counsel for architect of $40 million assisted living facility in Virginia defending design defect claims in arbitration and mediation.
- Lead counsel for various condominium and homeowners’ associations pursuing design and construction defect litigation against national developers.
- Lead counsel for environmental consultant defending breach of contract and professional negligence claims involving Environmental Site Assessments.
Rate : $$$