For more than two decades Brett A. Axelrod has focused her practice on the representation of Chapter 11 debtors and unsecured creditors’ committees and has worked on some of the largest bankruptcy cases in the state of Nevada. She currently serves as co-chair of the firm’s Financial Restructuring & Bankruptcy Department.
Brett has a broad range of experience in insolvency and corporate restructuring matters and concentrates in the areas of business reorganization and bankruptcy, asset sales and acquisitions and gaming.
She represents clients in the gaming, real estate and mining industries across the country, and has built a strong reputation for her strategic handling of complex, high-profile bankruptcy cases.
Brett has represented a variety of businesses as well as secured creditors in Chapter 11 bankruptcy filings and purchasers in 363 sales. Her most significant representations include :
- Representation of Official Unsecured Creditors’ Committee for Station Casinos et al
- Successful defense and dismissal of involuntary Chapter 11 bankruptcy filed against Timothy Blixseth.
- Counsel to Ernst & Young Inc. as Foreign Representative of Veris Gold Corp. et al
- Counsel to Cedco Inc. and related parties in out of court restructuring
- Counsel to Unsecured Creditors Committee in Stateline Casino and related cases
- Represented prospective purchasers in Aladdin 2 and 3 bankruptcy cases
- Counsel to City Stop gaming tavern route operator in partnership dispute
- Duke University School of Law(J.D., 1993)
- California State University, Northridge (B.S., with honors, 1990)
- Litigation Counsel of America
- Turnaround Management Association, Nevada Chapter (Director)
- American Bankruptcy Institute
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of North Dakota
BAR ADMISSIONS : California, Nevada
Rate : $$$