Brett W. Barnett’s practice is focused on complex commercial litigation with an emphasis on healthcare litigation. He has represented and advised healthcare and other clients across the country in a variety of regulatory, governance, market, and financial matters.
Before joining McGuireWoods, Brett was a judicial clerk for the Honorable Roger B. Cosbey of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana. As a student, he worked as a judicial extern for the Honorable Jeffrey Ford of the 6th Judicial Circuit of Illinois and the Honorable Thomas Harris of the 11th Judicial Circuit Court of Illinois.
At the University of Illinois College of Law, Brett graduated first in his class and was the recipient of the Rickert Award for Excellence in Academic Achievement.
- University of Illinois College of Law, JD, summa cum laude, Member, University of Illinois Law Review, 2013
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, BA, Political Science and English, 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
Rate : $$$