Brett D. Goodman is a Partner in the firm’s Financial Restructuring and Insolvency practice. Brett’s practice focuses on bankruptcy, corporate restructuring and creditors’ rights. He has experience representing debtors, committees of creditors and equity holders, chapter 11 and 7 trustees, indenture trustees, secured and unsecured creditors, lenders, asset purchasers and landlords in bankruptcy cases and out-of-court restructurings.
Brett also defends and prosecutes avoidance actions and represents lenders and servicers in complex commercial workouts and foreclosures. His matters have covered various industries, including financial services, banking, retail, restaurants, media, real estate, mortgage servicing, airlines, aerospace, and energy.
Representative Matters :
- Representation of DIP lender in the Collective, Inc. chapter 11 cases.
- Representation of private investment firm in the Orion HealthCorp, Inc., et al. chapter 11 cases.
- Representation of the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in the Holsted Marketing, Inc. chapter 11 case.
- Representation of Trustee as Special Litigation Counsel in the Ampal-American Israel Corporation chapter 7 case.
- Representation of aerospace equipment and systems companies in AMR Corporation, et al. chapter 11 cases, and Hawker Beechcraft, Inc., et al. chapter 11 cases.
- Representation of the Indenture Trustee for First Priority Senior Secured Notes and the Collateral Agent in the ION Media Networks, Inc., et al. chapter 11 cases.
- Representation of the Indenture Trustee for Convertible Senior Debentures in the LandAmerica Financial Group, Inc., et al. chapter 11 cases.
- Representation of a secured bank creditor in the Gold & Honey (1995) LP chapter 11 and chapter 15 cases.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Turnaround Management Association
- Commercial Finance Association
- New York Law School, J.D., 2006
- University of Michigan, B.G.S., James B. Angell Scholar, 2003, Economics
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York, New Jersey
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
Rate : $$$