Brett Grindrod represents clients in matters involving insurance coverage disputes, complex commercial litigation, and white-collar defense. Brett counsels and defends companies in federal and state civil litigation, arbitration, and mediation. He also defends individuals in matters brought by the Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
Brett has experience in all stages of litigation, including second chairing a multi-week arbitration, preparing witnesses for testimony and depositions, drafting dispositive motions, and developing and implementing case strategy.
As an active participant in Steptoe’s pro bono initiatives, Brett helped to procure a civil protection order for a sexually abused individual and represents families challenging the US government’s suspension of an international adoption program. He also serves on Steptoe’s Professional Training Committee.
- Legal Intern, US Department of Justice, Public Integrity Section (2013)
- Legal Intern, US Attorney’s Office of the District of Columbia (2012-2013)
Bar & Court Admissions:
- District of Columbia
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- US District Court, District of Maryland
- J.D., The George Washington University Law School, 2014, with honors; Thurgood Marshall Scholar
- B.A., Bucknell University, 2009, cum laude
Rate : $$$