Brett Thompsen works on a wide range of intellectual property matters, including patent post-grant trials, patent litigation, and patent prosecution. He has extensive experience in electrical engineering and analog/mixed-signal circuit design.
Mr. Thompsen uses this experience to develop a deep understanding of the technology at issue in his representations. He has argued at multiple inter partes review proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeals Board.
He has also been part of multiple patent infringement lawsuits relating to analog/mixed-signal circuitry, power-management technology, and telecommunications.
Prior to law school, Mr. Thompsen worked for seven years as an analog/mixed signal circuit designer at Motorola, Inc. and Texas Instruments, Inc. He was the lead design engineer on multiple projects at Texas Instruments and is an inventor on seven issued patents.
- J.D., The University of Texas 2010
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Northern Arizona University 2000
Admission & Affiliations :
- State Bar of Texas
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
Rate : $$$