Brett A. Oeser is an attorney in the Firm’s Conflicts Review department. Mr. Oeser concentrates his legal practice in the areas of construction law and civil litigation. He has represented owners, developers, contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers, sureties, and insurers on all matters of construction-related issues and disputes, including lien and payment claims, contract performance disputes, products liability and other tort claims, and surety bond and other insurance claims.
Mr. Oeser has practiced extensively in state and federal courts at the trial and appellate levels, representing a wide variety of clients in both jury and non-jury trials. He has brought and defended claims on behalf of clients before arbitration tribunals, and has counseled and advised clients in court-ordered and voluntary mediation.
Outside the dispute forum, Mr. Oeser advises and represents clients on a wide variety of day-to-day construction matters, including licensing issues, contract drafting and negotiation, federal and state statutes and regulations governing construction projects, and overall risk management.
Mr. Oeser also represents a variety of corporate and individual clients in commercial disputes before courts and arbitration panels. In particular, he has extensive experience in matters of specialty insurance, including all kinds of surety bonds and commercial liability policies, as well as fidelity bonds and coverages.
- Vanderbilt University School of Law, J.D., 1993
- Dartmouth College, A.B., 1990
- Tennessee, 1993
- United States District Court, Middle District of Tennessee, 1995
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee, 1999
- United States District Court, Western District of Tennessee, 2005
Representative Matters : Represented banking client, assisting it comply with formal enforcement action with state and federal bank regulators. Representation also included assisting it with raising capital, change in control approval, loan workouts, fraud investigation, bond claims, and litigation defense.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – Tennessee Association of Construction Counsel
- Member – Associated General Contractors of Tennessee (Middle Tennessee Branch)
- Member – Associated Builders and Contractors (Mid-Tennessee Chapter)
- Member – American Subcontractors Association (Tennessee Chapter)
Rate : $$$