Brett Nicole Taylor defends clients in state and federal court in the dietary supplement, food, and cosmetic industries from products liability claims, claims of proposition 65 violations, and violations of consumer protection actions.
She also routinely provides Proposition 65 compliance advice and litigates complex commercial disputes, including breach of contract, fraud, false advertising, breach of fiduciary duty, and negligence. Brett also has experience representing clients in mass tort and class actions involving products liability and consumer-related issues.
Brett has also successfully represented clients in commercial loan/guaranty enforcement cases and state consumer protection and unfair competition cases involving lending laws and regulations.
Brett is also active in her business/legal groups including serving as the treasurer for the Century City Bar Association and as editor for the Century City Bar Association newsletter. Additionally, her pro bono work includes participating in the Teen Court Program, which helps young people who are first-time offenders, and working on asylum cases.
Brett earned her law degree from Pepperdine University School of Law where she graduated cum laude. She earned her bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of Southern California.
- Represented a product manufacturer in a products liability case involving alleged damages exceeding $5,000,000. After leading targeted fact and expert discovery and representing the client at mediation, the matter was resolved on favorable terms.
- Drafted and argued a successful motion for summary judgment for a corporate housing provider, resulting in a full dismissal of all claims against the client, including claims of breach of contract, negligence and fraud.
- Successfully represented an oil and gas company in a high-profile antitrust and trade libel action against competitors in the rubberized asphalt industry involving allegations concerning public contract bid rigging against competitors. The matter settled on favorable terms.
- Defend retail clients and food and bedding manufacturers in litigation involving claims of violations of Proposition 65.
- Successfully represented a nutritional supplement company sued for false advertising in California. After performing a detailed preliminary investigation, and conducting discovery, we secured a favorable resolution at the Early Neutral Evaluation conference.
- Currently defending a supplement company in California coordinated proceeding involving allegations of serious bodily injury and death.
- Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D., 2010
- University of Southern California, B.S., 2007
BAR ADMISSIONS : California; Florida
- Treasurer, Century City Bar Association
- Editor, Century City Bar Association Newsletter
Rate : $$$