Brett S. Theisen has extensive experience in all aspects of debtor/creditor relations; bankruptcy and insolvency litigation and appeals; general commercial and corporate litigation; and alternative dispute resolution proceedings. Mr. Theisen has represented the trustee for the DBSI Estate Litigation Trust and the DBSI Private Actions Trust in dozens of lawsuits, ranging from avoidance actions to civil RICO actions.
He represents plaintiffs and defendants in a broad range of matters in federal and state courts, including Ponzi scheme litigation; complex fraudulent transfer and preference actions; alter ego litigation; shareholder disputes, including fraud, negligence, breach of fiduciary duty and related claims; contract disputes; and contested chapter 11 confirmation proceedings.
Those actions arose out of the DBSI Inc. chapter 11 bankruptcy cases presently pending in the Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, where the firm represented the chapter 11 trustee and also represented the liquidating trustee. Mr. Theisen also represented the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in the Trump Entertainment Resorts, Inc. chapter 11 case.
Mr. Theisen also represents clients of all sizes, including hotel groups, municipalities, and publicly-traded entities, on liquor licensing matters and related regulatory issues. Prior to joining Gibbons, Mr. Theisen served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Donald H. Steckroth, United States Bankruptcy Judge for the District of New Jersey.
Prior to practicing law, Mr. Theisen was an analyst in the equities trading division at a leading international investment bank. He also spent two years at a sports agency in Manhattan, where he assisted in recruiting new clients, negotiating contracts with NFL teams, and securing endorsement and marketing opportunities for existing clients.
- Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude)
- Associate Articles Editor & Symposium Co-Chair, Seton Hall Sports & Entertainment Law Journal
- Dartmouth College (B.A.)
- State of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Turnaround Management Association
- Dartmouth Lawyers Association
- New Jersey Brewers Association
- New York City Bar Association
Rate : $$$