Attorney Brian Goldstein works at Cellino & Barnes PC. His area of practice on Auto Accidents, Brain Injury Cases, Defective Products, Medical Malpractice, Spinal Cord Injury Cases, Wrongful Death, Toxic Substances, Serious Injuries.
For over thirty five years, initially as a physician and surgeon and subsequently as an attorney representing injury victims, I have worked to help individuals overcome the physical, emotional and financial devastation inflicted by serious injury. It is a privilege for me to represent seriously injured individuals and their families against insurance companies, corporations, drug companies, doctors, hospitals and individuals seeking to avoid the consequences of negligence. No matter how extensive or advanced the medical treatment, an individual and his or her family is never physically or emotionally the same after trauma alters their lives.
Additionally, I am called upon to assist physicians as personal counsel in lawsuits, credentialing, and license issues. It is critical to understand the standards of care of medical practice to determine whether the case was or was not medical malpractice. Just as medical malpractice committed upon a person often cannot be undone, a frivolous medical malpractice case can permanently harm a physician.
In individually evaluating and preparing each case entrusted to me, I rely upon both my medical experience and legal skills. While a Board Certified physician and diplomate of the American Board of Surgery for over ten years, I dealt with the standards of medical practice and with the medical consequences of significant injury daily. As an attorney, I have been able to effectively demonstrate the presence or absence of negligence and the true depth of injury in the courtroom.
For an attorney with experience, dedication and resources, the legal system provides an avenue of compensation for the totality of injury suffered. Settlements and jury awards must fairly include not only current status and financial need, but must consider long-term prognosis and ongoing financial burden.
- Licensed to practice Law in the State of New York. Admitted to Federal District Courts in the Western District of New York
- M.D., Universidad Centro de Estudios Technicos (1980)
- Resident and Chief Resident, Department of Surgery the Methodist Hospital of New York (1981 – 1986)
- J.D., Magna Cum Laude, State University of New York at Buffalo (1995)
- Managing attorney Mass Tort and Medical Malpractice, Cellino & Barnes
- Senior Litigation attorney, Cellino & Barnes (2002 – Pres.)
- Litigation attorney, Doran & Murphy, Buffalo, New York (1996 – 2002)
- Diplomate of the American Board of Surgery (Board Certified Surgeon) (1991-2002)
- Diamond Member, Successful Verdicts (recovering in excess of $150 million)
- Member Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Bar Association of Erie County, Health Law Committee (1997 – 2006)
- Articles Editor, Buffalo Law Review (1994-1995)
- Shofar Award; Jewish Community on Scouting, Boy Scouts of America (2008)
- Scout Leader’s Award; Boy Scouts of America (2009)
- Community Organization Award; Boy Scouts of America (2015)
- Board of Trustees; Temple Sinai, Buffalo, New York (2005 – 2011)
Rate : $$$