Brian A. Raphan has been appointed Court Examiner by the New York State Appellate Division since 1997. Also appointed Special Referee, Guardian ad Litem and Trustee by the New York State Supreme Court.
As founder and lead attorney of the firm, Brian is available to all clients on all cases. His hands-on, personal approach permeates the firm and gets results.
Brian’s cases have been written about in The New York Times, The New York Law Journal, The Villager, and he has appeared on CBS News televison and NY Radio. Online, his blog Elder Law News covers timely legal news facing New Yorkers and seniors. He publishes a monthly e-newsletter for clients of the firm with vital, helpful legal information facing New Yorkers and Seniors.
Brian frequently gives pro bono lectures in New York City to help seniors on legal matters such as estate planning, nursing home negligence and bedsores, medicaid planning, guardianships and other issues facing the elderly.
Admitted to New York State bar in 1989 and New Jersey State bar in 1988. Admitted to U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York 1990; U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York 1990; United States Supreme Court 1994. Former founding partner of the firm of Druckman, Raphan and Sinel, New York,N.Y.
Appointments & Memberships:
- Appointed as Member of the Office of the Court Administration Guardianship Advisory Commitee, First Department; Member of the Final Account Subcommittee of the Guardianship Advisory Committee;
- Appointed as a Member of the Statewide Judicial Training Subcommittee.
- Appointed by Appellate Division,1st Department, as a Court Examiner in May,1997. Individually selected and appointed by Surrogate’s Court and Supreme Court in various capacities in hundreds of cases;
- Temple University, (B.S., cum laude, 1985);
- Cardozo Law School, New York, N.Y. (J.D., 1988)
Rate : $$$