For more than 35 years, Brian D. Barnard has been providing legal advice and business counsel to senior management teams, boards of directors and in-house lawyers of public and private companies on general corporate matters, mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, reporting requirements and corporate governance.
He has earned recognition for his work on a number of landmark transactions and he was named as a BTI Client Service All-Star by BTI Consulting Group in 2018 based on nominations from general counsels and other legal decision-makers.
Brian counsels buyers and sellers of public and private companies through merger and acquisition transactions, including documenting and negotiating the transaction. Clients in the securities and capital markets have the benefit of Brian’s experience with assisting both issuers and underwriters in a full range of public and private equity and debt offerings.
In this era of heightened compliance with securities laws, Brian also assists his clients with a full range of corporate governance issues, including directors’ duties in making business decisions, in monitoring and overseeing the affairs of the corporation, directors’ duties in detecting and preventing corporate wrongdoing, protecting directors and officers against personal liability, and, especially, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- J.D., Texas Tech University School of Law, 1981, cum laude; Lead Articles Editor, Texas Tech Law Review
- B.B.A., Finance, University of Texas at Austin, 1978, with honors
ADMISSIONS : Texas
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES :
- Cook Children’s Health Foundation, Board of Trustees
- Cotton Bowl, Board Member
- Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce, former Chairman of the Board
- Alliance for Higher Education/North Texas Regional Center for Innovation and Commercialization (regional affiliate of the Texas Emerging Technology Fund), former Board Member
- State Bar of Texas, Business Law Section
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section, Small Business Committee
- Association for Corporate Growth, Dallas/Fort-Worth Chapter
- Texas Bar Foundation
- Tarrant County Bar Foundation, Charter Fellow
Rate : $$$$