Brian P. Cadigan is a member of the Life Sciences and Health Industry Group whose practice focuses on product liability actions involving pharmaceutical and medical devices. Brian is experienced in all aspects of litigation and practices in both state and federal court.
He has defended Fortune 500 companies in high-profile product liability litigation, including the defense of manufacturers of football helmets, motorcycle helmets, trains, and tires.
Brian has been the lead attorney on dozens of key depositions and successfully argued motions in court. He has also prepared and attended several mock trial presentations, crafted expert witness examination outlines, and helped orchestrate trial strategy.
Brian additionally has keen insight into the judiciary’s perspective of cases, as he was a judicial extern and drafted court opinions for the Honorable Magistrate Joseph C. Spero of the United States District Court, Northern District of California.
In law school, Brian was a member of the Hastings Constitutional Law Quarterly and Moot Court Board. He competed in moot court competitions throughout the United States and received several awards for his written and oral advocacy, including being a finalist at a national moot court competition.
Brian further served as a teaching assistant to Appellate Advocacy and Legal Writing and Research classes. Prior to joining Reed Smith, Brian practiced at a trial firm in downtown Los Angeles.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 2014, J.D., Cum Laude, Senior Supervising Editor, Hastings Constitutional Law Quarterly; National Finalist, Evan A. Evans Moot Court Competition; Moot Court Board Member; Witkin Award for Academic Excellence in Legal Writing and Research
- University of California, Santa Barbara, 2011, B.A., History and Political Science, With Honors
Professional Admissions & Qualifications : California
Professional Affiliations :
- Vice-Chair, Online Education Subcommittee, Defense Research Institute Young Lawyer’s Committee
- Co-Chair, Discovery Strategies Subcommittee, American Bar Association Mass Torts Committee
- Young Lawyer Liaison Chair, Trial Tactics Committee, Defense Research Institute
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
Rate : $$$