Brian T. Carney represents private equity funds, hedge funds and their portfolio companies in a variety of civil litigation. He also has experience representing creditors and creditors’ committees in bankruptcy-related litigation.In addition to his litigation background, Brian has extensive experience in gaming regulatory matters. He has successfully led investment funds and their principals through the gaming licensing process in numerous U.S. and foreign jurisdictions. He is a member of the International Association of Gaming Advisors.
- Has extensive experience in gaming regulatory matters.
- Focuses on complex commercial litigation, class actions and bankruptcy litigation.
- Advised a private equity fund and its founding partner in a securities fraud class action. The court dismissed all claims against clients.
- Secured dismissal with prejudice in a putative consumer class action. The client, a major restaurant chain, faced allegations of deceptive business practices.
- Represented the largest holder of pre-leveraged buyout debt of the Tribune Company in competing plan/9019 proceedings in a bankruptcy court trial.
- Assisted the Dormitory Authority of the State of New York in a jury trial on a $20 million breach-of-contract claim. Obtained a unanimous jury verdict for the client.
- Counseled an investment fund in a lawsuit to foreclose on the assets of a defaulted borrower. Obtained summary judgment for the client in trial court against a defendant claiming priming security interest. The ruling was upheld on appeal.
- Member, International Association of Gaming Advisors.
- J.D., Tulane University Law School,magna cum laude, 2005
- B.S., Northwestern University, 2002
- U.S.D.C., Eastern District of Louisiana
- New York
Rate : $$$$