Brian A. Coleman represents clients in complex commercial litigation cases nationwide. He has substantial experience at the trial and appellate level in federal and state courts and administrative tribunals, in particular with trademark, trade dress and copyright claims, as well as professional liability insurance disputes.
Brian prosecutes and defends trademark infringement and dilution claims as well as claims of trade dress infringement, copyright infringement, false advertising and unfair competition, licensing and trade secrets disputes and related state law claims.
He regularly litigates matters in federal courts nationwide for Fortune 500 clients as well as smaller companies, and also handles numerous inter partes proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and other administrative agencies.
Brian has litigated complex professional liability insurance coverage cases on behalf of insurers in state and federal courts nationwide, and before arbitration tribunals. He has particular experience handling coverage disputes involving D&O policies, EPL policies and fiduciary liability policies.
Prior to joining Drinker Biddle, Brian served as a law clerk to The Hon. Frank E. Schwelb of the District of Columbia Court of Appeals for the 1997–1998 term.
- George Washington University Law School, J.D., 1997, with honors, The George Washington Journal of International Law and Economics
- Bucknell University, B.A., 1994, cum laude
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Virginia
Rate : $$$