Brian Wallace concentrates his practice in the areas of maritime commercial transactions and ship finance and admiralty litigation. He represents owners, operators, lenders, and shipyards in purchases and sales, mergers and acquisitions, financing, construction, chartering, documentation, and regulatory and coastwise trade matters.
His practice also involves maritime litigation, including collision, cargo, commercial and construction disputes, and lien and mortgage enforcement and foreclosure.
Mr. Wallace also practices in the area of gaming law, representing casino owners, operators and lenders in complex financial transactions, licensing and litigation. Mr. Wallace serves as the regional practice coordinator of Phelps Dunbar’s admiralty group and as the managing partner of the Houston office.
- Tulane University Law School, LL.M., with distinction, in Admiralty, 1985
- Dalhousie University, Nova Scotia, Canada, LL.B., 1984
- Saint Mary’s University, Nova Scotia, Canada, B.S., magna cum laude, 1980
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Maritime Law Association of the United States
- Canadian Maritime Law Association
- American Bar Association (Co-Chair, Canada Committee of International Law Section)
- International Association of Gaming Attorneys
- Counsel to purchaser in a $975 million acquisition of a marine construction and diving company.
- Negotiated long-term charters and construction contracts for six heavy lift ships to be built in China.
- Negotiated both shipyard and topsides fabrication contracts for the construction, delivery and installation of an offshore floating production facility.
- Prepared marine shipping terms and conditions for all sales contracts for liquid and dry bulk products.
- Negotiated contracts for the construction and charter of tankers, offshore service vessels, tugs, barges and passenger vessels.
Rate : $$$