Brian Burke is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s Washington, DC office. He draws on over 20 years of experience to counsel clients on federal antitrust issues. He assists clients in successfully navigating the merger clearance process before the US as well as international antitrust authorities.
Brian also has extensive experience advising clients on civil and criminal governmental antitrust investigations, commercial antitrust litigation, antitrust compliance programs, risk assessments, and pricing and distribution policies. Brian holds multiple leadership positions in the Firm.
He is a member of the Steering Committee for the Firm’s North America Antitrust Practice Group as well of the Global Antitrust and Competition Taskforces for Healthcare, Energy Mining and Infrastructure, and Consumer Goods Industries. He also serves as the co-head of the Firm’s Merger-Control Taskforce.
Brian focuses his practice on mergers and other commercial combinations subject to antitrust scrutiny. His transactional counseling is comprehensive, including advice on structuring, pre-closing notification requirements, premerger coordination limits, antitrust risk-allocation provisions, and successfully navigating any substantive review or challenge by governmental antitrust agencies.
Brian’s clients come from a wide range of industries, including automotive, healthcare, agribusiness, insurance, technology, chemical manufacturing, oilfield services, power infrastructure, freight forwarding, pharmaceuticals, medical waste, recycling, packaging, telecommunications, and building products.
- Georgetown University Law Center (JD)
- James Madison University (BA Honors)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit~United States
- U.S. Supreme Court~United States
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia~United States
- District of Columbia~United States
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association – Section on Antitrust Law
- New York State Bar Association – Member
- District of Columbia Bar – Member
Representative Legal Matters:
- Represented Fortune 200 consumer products company in multiple matters involving licensing, distribution, and M&A activity.
- Represented leading technology provider on several multi-national transactions.
- Represented India’s leading pharmaceutical company in acquisition of US-based ocular care company.
- Represented Japan-based medical device and information technology company in acquisition of US-based medical device company.
- Represented Japan-based manufacturer and seller of glass substrates in USD 540 million acquisition of US-based rival.
- Represented leading provider of advanced parcel sortation systems engineering and equipment in transaction with a Boston-based private equity firm.
Rate : $$$$