Brian P. Field is a member of Venable’s Corporate Group. His practice is concentrated on a wide range of corporate law matters, including corporate governance, securities transactions, corporate finance, and mergers and acquisitions, with a particular focus on Maryland corporation law as it relates to real estate investment trusts (REITs) and registered investment companies.
In addition, Brian has assisted several non-traded registered REITs with their formation transactions under the NASAA REIT Guidelines. Prior to joining Venable, Brian served as chief of staff for the Office of the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administrator.
- Government Experience : Chief of staff, Office of the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administrator
- Representative Matters
- Independent counsel to several special committees of the boards of directors in their consideration and negotiation of strategic alternatives and change of control transitions
- Maryland counsel to several REITs in connection with at-the-market offerings
- Maryland counsel in the spin-offs of multiple publicly-traded companies
- Maryland counsel to a REIT in connection with its $500 million initial public offering
- Maryland counsel to a REIT in connection with its $400 million initial public offering and $120 million preferred offering
- Maryland counsel to a family of open-end mutual funds in connection with reorganizations and issues related to Maryland law.
- J.D. cum laude University of Baltimore School of Law 2008
- B.A. History Shepherd University 1999
- B.A. Secondary Education Shepherd University 1999
Bar Admissions : Maryland
Rate : $$$$