Brian G. Flood views government reviews, audits and investigations as unexpected issues that need quick intervention to minimize damage and move clients forward. Brian advises clients, many from the healthcare industry, on strategy and tactics to achieve the most favorable resolution of regulatory compliance and other challenges.
He also represents clients facing civil and criminal charges of waste, abuse, misconduct and fraud in federal and state courts. Clients appreciate the multiple perspectives that Brian gained by working as a prosecutor, consultant and regulator before entering private practice.
He served nearly a decade as a prosecutor in banking, insurance, securities, healthcare, organized crime, general crimes and white collar crime. He was an Inspector General for the Health and Human Services system of Texas and was appointed to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Medicaid Integrity Program Advisory Committee.
He also served as a consultant for a Big Four accounting firm and as an international consultant on healthcare, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and other regulatory and compliance industry matters.
Brian is a Certified Inspector General (CIG), a Certified Healthcare Compliance (CHC) professional, an Accredited Healthcare Fraud Investigator (AHFI) and a Certified Fraud Specialist (CFS).
- Established and reviewed integrity and compliance programs both nationally and internationally.
- Responded to government civil investigative demands or subpoenas with negotiation favorable to client.
- Negotiated with private carriers on matters of payment and repayment.
- Filed administrative appeals for potential overpayment recoupments.
- Served as expert in matters of claims and issues, including administrative, civil and criminal mens rea.
- Initiated responses to regulators and carriers regarding compliance with agreements and terms of participation.
Community Leadership :
- River City Hope Street, Board Member
- Austin State Hospital, Board Member
- J.D., Texas Wesleyan University School of Law
- B.B.A., Texas AM University
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
Professional Associations and Memberships :
- Association of Certified Fraud Specialists
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Association of Inspectors General
- Health Care Compliance Association
- State Bar of Texas
Rate : $$$