Brian Giovannini serves as an advisor and benefits counsel to a diverse group of clients – from local governments to Fortune Global 500 corporations. Brian’s clients value his in-depth technical knowledge and analytical skills, as well as his prompt assistance on numerous legal issues affecting the development and operation of their pension plans and executive compensation plans and agreements.
Brian leverages creativity in his day-to-day legal practice – whether he’s uncovering a novel solution to a client’s compliance problem, or designing a new integrated bonus-pool compensation structure that is unique to the client’s business needs.
Brian has restated and merged pension plans, provided counsel regarding liability, de-risking solutions for pension plans, and assisted in redesigning a comprehensive global benefits program.
With a background in teaching and public speaking, Brian presents complex benefits issues in a concise and straightforward manner. Brian lectures to industry groups on various employee benefits topics, as well as providing in-depth ERISA fiduciary training to executives and plan committees.
Professional and Community Activities :
- Board of Directors, International Primate Protection League (Chairman 2016-2017)
- Texas Bar Association, Tax Section
- Houston Bar Association
- J.D., University of Texas at Austin School of Law, 2008, with honors; Board of Advocates
- B.A., University of Houston, 2005, cum laude; (graduated from Honors College)
- Certificate in Italian Language, Università per Stranieri di Siena, 1994
ADMISSIONS : Texas, 2008
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims, 2016
- U.S. Tax Court, 2012
Rate : $$$$