Brian N. Gurtman is a partner in the Real Estate, Land Use and Environmental Practice Group in the firm’s New York Office. Brian Gurtman’s real estate experience is grounded in over a decade of work within the New York City real estate market.
He has advised his clients in varying economic situations and guided them in their needs and decisions regarding all aspects of real estate finance, development, acquisitions, sales and leasing, and land use matters. Brian has also counseled clients in connection with complicated corporate, partnership, and limited liability company transactions involving real estate companies and real estate joint ventures and debt and equity financings.
Brian’s clients include investors, developers, lenders, and owners with real estate transaction needs in New York as well as throughout the United States and the world. His clients also include buyers and sellers of commercial properties, including residential, retail, industrial and office projects.
- J.D., University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2000
- B.S., Information Systems, Yeshiva University, 1997
- New York
- Representation of special servicer in connection with the restructuring of a $1.2 billion mortgage loan on a property in midtown Manhattan.
- Representation of publicly traded REIT in connection with the acquisition of properties valued in excess of $400,000,000 in the aggregate through the United States.
- Representation of national real estate investment fund in connection with the acquisition of a 265-unit class A apartment building on Manhattan’s Upper West Side, in what was the largest multifamily property transaction in Manhattan in over a year.
- Representation of national real estate investment manager in connection with the negotiation of joint ventures, acquisitions and financings of properties valued in excess of $250,000,000 in the aggregate throughout the United States.
- Representation of one of the world’s largest real estate investment managers in connection with the financing, development and leasing of residential and retail property in Manhattan.
- Representation of the world’s largest retailer in the acquisition, permitting and development of numerous new stores and expansions throughout the New England region.
- Representation of hedge funds, investment advisors and other companies in connection with the leasing of space in Manhattan and throughout the United States.
- Representation of an international marketing firm in connection with a build-to-suit lease for construction of an 50,000+ square foot office building in Colorado.
Rate : $$$