Brian L. Hager represents public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions, venture capital investments, securities offerings and corporate governance matters.
Brian volunteers with Central Virginia Legal Aid’s Pro Bono Hotline program, and frequently lectures on mergers and acquisitions and venture capital at the Washington and Lee University School of Law.
- Represented a Fortune 200 CPG company in several investments and acquisitions across a broad spectrum of technologies and products.
- Represented a public insurance company in multiple acquisitions of non-insurance businesses, including follow-on acquisitions and on-going corporate governance matters.
- Represented both acquirors and targets in several financial institution M&A transactions
- Represented a Fortune 500 company in the disposition of its multinational media packaging division.
- Represented a publicly traded bank holding company in its initial capital raise, primary acquisition and subsequent acquisitions and divestitures.
- Represented a private equity fund in multiple acquisitions of organic and natural food companies.
- Represented multiple corporate venture capital investors in investments ranging from start-up financing to late-stage senior preferred rounds.
- Represented a software company in its acquisition by a public company.
- Represented a health care technology company in its acquisition by an international pharmaceutical company.
- Represented a REIT in multiple private placement rounds of preferred equity.
- Represented the syndicator of low-income housing tax credits in funds totaling more than $1 billion in assets.
- Represented institutional investors in investments in historic tax credit and low-income housing tax credit properties.
- Represented an alternate investment management firm with more than $3.8 billion in assets in the sale of a majority stake to a large US mutual life insurance company.
- Represented an electronic product and technology services firm in its formation and initial capital raise.
- Represented a Fortune 100 company in public debt issuances totaling $6 billion.
- Represented a private equity fund in its equity investment in a privately owned domestic airline.
- Represented public and private companies in connection with the disposition of coal properties.
- Represented a public distribution services company in its acquisition of a regional division of a public broadline foodservice distributor.
- JD, Washington and Lee University School of Law, cum laude, Editor in Chief, Washington and Lee Law Review, 2004
- BS, West Virginia University, summa cum laude, 2001
- Bar Association of the City of Richmond, Member of Board of Directors and Former Chair, Business Law Section
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Virginia Bar Association
- Former President, John Marshall Foundation
Rate : $$$