Brian T. Holmes focuses his practice in the area of commercial real estate transactions. He represents institutional lenders in a broad range of secured and unsecured lending transactions to real estate investment trusts (REITs) and other real estate companies. Brian has extensive experience representing lead lenders and agents in large syndicated credit facilities. His practice also includes working with lenders providing construction financing for mixed-use, multi-family, hospitality and other types of real estate developments.
Brian also regularly advises clients on the acquisition and disposition of commercial real estate properties including apartments, office buildings, industrial buildings and retail shopping centers.
Brian has worked on a wide variety of health care real estate transactions. He has assisted in the development and sale of numerous medical office buildings as well as represented lenders financing health care real estate assets. He also has been involved in the representation of private sector and local redevelopment authorities in the redevelopment of closed and realigned military bases.
- Syndicated financing
- Represented the lead bank on an up to US$9 million unsecured and term loan and revolving credit facility to a student housing REIT.
- Represented the lead bank on an up to US$540 million term loan and revolving credit facility secured by data centers.
- Represented the lead bank on an up to US$250 million revolving credit facility secured by health care assets and data centers.
- Represented the lead bank on an up to US$75 million revolving credit facility secured by warehouse, flex and light manufacturing facilities.
- Construction financing
- Represented the lead lender on a US$180 million construction loan for the development of the Ponce City Market mixed-use development in Atlanta.
- Represented the lender on a US$60 million construction loan for a mixed-use development (retail/multi-family) located on a private university campus.
- Represented the lender on a US$26.7 million construction loan for a 228-unit multi-family project.
- Real estate development
- Represented a medical office building developer in the preparation of complex cross-easement agreements and long-term ground leases for building pads and air rights within hospital campuses in Georgia, North Carolina and Tennessee.
- Acquisitions and dispositions
- Represented the seller in the sale of an approximately 103,000 square foot medical office building in Georgia.
- Represented the purchaser of a car dealership site to convert into a heavy-duty truck sales and service center.
- Represented the seller of a long-term ground lease for a site leased by a national retail warehouse club.
Community Involvement and Pro Bono:
- Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta
- Trout Unlimited
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Georgia Bar Association
- Urban Land Institute
Rate : $$$