Brian R. Hopkins focuses his practice in the areas of coal, oil and gas, gas pipeline and commercial real estate law.
- Performed title examinations and rendered title opinions with respect to coal ownership in connection with acquisition and development of coal reserves
- Negotiated and drafted purchase and sale agreements and coal leases
- Served as real estate counsel for a number of regional interstate natural gas transmission companies and natural gas distribution companies, as well as for an electric generation and distribution company; responsible for right-of-way and site acquisition, facility purchases and sales, facility and storage leasing, relocations, eminent domain proceedings, and protection and enforcement of land rights, including related litigation
- Performed title work and headed permit and environmental due diligence review teams for coal acquisition involving over 100,000 acres of reserves, and prepared related reports as well as deeds, leases, assignments and bills of sale used to close the transaction
- Represented multi-state, Fortune 500 company in office lease transactions, including negotiation and drafting of brokerage agreements, letters of intent, leases, subleases, landlord consents, estoppel letters, subordination agreements, non-disturbance agreements, and attornment agreements
- J.D. Washington & Lee
- B.A. West Virginia University
- Energy & Mineral Law Foundation
- Real Estate Section, West Virginia State Bar
- Kanawha County Bar Association
- Past Member, West Virginia Records Management & Preservation Board, appointed by Governor Robert Wise
- Lector, Sacred Heart Co-Cathedral
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Greenbrier Pool
Rate : $$$
What types of cases Attorney Brian Hopkins & Steptoe & Johnson PLLC can handle?
Steptoe & Johnson PLLC can handle cases related to laws concerning Real Estate, Energy Utilities & Environmental. We manually verify each attorney’s practice areas before approving their profiles and reviews on our website.
Where is Steptoe & Johnson PLLC located?
How much would it cost to hire Steptoe & Johnson PLLC?
Brian Hopkins lawyer charges are specific to each case. However, they work with contingency fees and its ranges from $$ to $$$. They also provide free consultation [and no obligation quotes] if you are interested to hire.
Are Brian Hopkins reviews trust-able?
We have the ratings and reviews moderation team who checks and verifies every review submitted on our website manually. You can trust all the reviews you see on Brian Hopkins lawyer profile listing.
Brett A. Emison
Langdon & Emison Attorneys at Law
Swartz Law, LLC
Kenneth L. Sheppard, Jr.
Sheppard Law Offices, Co., L.P.A.
Yadegar, Minoofar & Soleymani LLP
McGuire Law Firm
Bankruptcy Law Firm of Orfelia Mayor
Stephens Law Firm, PLLC
The Orlow Firm
The Schill Law Group, PLLC
Timothy J. Ryan
Timothy J. Ryan & Associates