Brian Hurh counsels clients on financial regulatory, transactional, and privacy matters involving traditional lending products as well as mobile, prepaid, and other emerging consumer payment solutions. Brian also regularly counsels clients on Visa, MasterCard, NACHA, and other payment network rules.
As a former systems engineer and computer programmer for an Internet payment startup company, Brian has both legal and technical knowledge of the financial and business needs of clients that include global financial services companies, international technology providers, online retail and commercial marketplaces, alternative payment service providers and local and national startup ventures.
Brian’s regulatory experience encompasses a wide range of consumer banking laws, including the Electronic Fund Transfer Act/Regulation E, Truth-in-Lending Act/Regulation Z, Equal Credit Opportunity Act/Regulation B, E-SIGN, prepaid and gift card laws, state money transmitter laws, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and Gramm-Leach-Bliley privacy and security rules and Bank Secrecy Act requirements for banks and money services businesses.
- Technology Management Consultant, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Systems Engineering Manager, InternetCash
Professional & Community Activities:
- Consumer Financial Services Section; Payments and e-Banking Section; Truth in Lending Section; Retail Banking Section – American Bar Association
- D.C.-Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Editor and Regular Contributor, Payment Law Advisor
- Founder and Regular Contributor, Broadband Law Advisor: Insight and Information on the FCC’s National Broadband Plan
- J.D., American University Washington College of Law, 2005, cum laude
- Senior Note and Comment Editor, American University-ABA Administrative Law Review
- Founding Member; Managing Editor – Business Law Brief
- M.Eng, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Cornell University College of Engineering, 1999
- B.S., Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Cornell University College of Engineering, 1998
Rate : $$$