Brian is an experienced commercial trial lawyer with 25 jury trials to his credit as well as 13 nonjury trials and over 50 contested arbitration hearings. He has represented securities and commodities broker-dealers and other parties in industry arbitration hearings conducted under the auspices of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority and the New York Stock Exchange.
Brian also has served as a Neutral on the American Arbitration Association’s Large, Complex Case Panel for 20 years. For over 30 years, Brian has represented US and non-US companies in a variety of industries in commercial disputes resolved in court, in arbitration or through negotiation.
- University of Texas (J.D. Honors) (1981)
- McMurry College (B.A. Highest Honors) (1978)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit~United States (2000)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit~United States (1999)
- U.S. Supreme Court~United States (1987)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit~United States (1982)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of Texas
- American Arbitration Association – Neutral, Large and Complex Case Panel
Representative Legal Matters:
- Securing dismissal of claims against a German-based infrastructure contractor sued in a South Texas class action brought by alleged victims of Gulf War Syndrome.
- Obtaining a USD 6 million jury verdict in favor of a Brazilian company defrauded by US citizens in the formation of a technology start-up company.
- Securing dismissal of a USD 4 million wrongful termination claim brought against a medical device company by a former distributor, following a contested arbitration hearing.
Rate : $$$