Brian Renaud provides general counsel services to mature and second stage companies and to governmental entities. His role as general counsel encompasses day-to-day advising on corporate finance, real estate, contracts, insurance, licensing, regulatory, municipal and litigation matters. Brian is vice president of the firm in its Southfield office and is a member of the firm’s Executive Committee.
Brian’s work for corporate, institutional and government clients includes:
- Business: Contract negotiation and drafting, including finance and non-competition agreements, real estate transactions and insurance coverage matters
- Municipal: Municipal contracting, ordinance drafting and implementation, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Open Meetings Act compliance, eminent domain proceedings
- Regulatory: Transactional due diligence, environmental permitting and compliance, and regulation negotiations
- Litigation: Complex cases and appeals at all levels of the state and federal court systems, including administrative litigation before various state and federal agencies and tribunals
Companies and governmental entities represented in Brian’s role as general counsel include an international manufacturer of professional sports equipment, a health care services provider with facilities in nine states, an international trucking and logistics company, and several Michigan municipalities, intergovernmental authorities and road commissions.
In addition to his legal practice, Brian is past Chairman and current Board Member on the Governing Board of Lexwork International, a network of independent law firms in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, offering business and regulatory law services to clients worldwide.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D. 2016
- University of Michigan, B.A. 2013
- The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Certificate in Management, 2015
Bar and Court Admissions:
Rate : $$$