Brian D. Mccabe focuses his practice on representing financial services clients including investment advisers, broker-dealers and mutual funds and their directors. He has assisted in the formation and compliance maintenance of open- and closed-end investment companies, registered investment advisers, and a variety of unregistered pooled investment vehicles.
Brian has also represented several non-profit institutions and public corporations in connection with public and private securities offerings, and he has experience in mergers and acquisitions involving both public and private companies.
- JD, magna cum laude, University of Michigan Law School, 1993; Order of the Coif
- AB, magna cum laude, Harvard College, 1990
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts, 1993
MEMBERSHIP & AFFILIATIONS :
- American Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Represented DST Systems, Inc. (NYSE: DST) in its acquisition of ALPS Holdings, Inc., a provider of outsourced back-office administrative and distribution services to the investment management industry.
- Represented Pax World Mutual Funds in connection with the formation of ESG Shares, the first family of ETFs devoted exclusively to sustainable investing.
- Represented the Putnam Funds and their independent trustees in connection with implementation of Putnam’s strategic pricing initiative, an innovative and fundamental redesign of mutual fund management fee pricing.
- Represents Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated in connection with its role as program manager to the NextGen 529 College Investing Plan.
- Represented State Street Corp. in its acquisition of Goldman Sachs Administration Services, a leading hedge fund administrator.
Rate : $$$