Brian P. Morgan represents debtors, trustees, committees and secured and unsecured creditors in complex Chapter 11 matters that include, among other issues, relief from the automatic stay, claims objections, plan negotiations, bankruptcy auctions and sales, and cash collateral disputes in jurisdictions across the country. He also represents landlords in disputes concerning the assumption or rejection of leases and lease cure amounts.
Brian regularly prosecutes and defends clients in avoidance action litigation, including preference and fraudulent transfer actions. Brian represents companies in complex commercial disputes, involving contractual and business tort claims, as well as complex accounting and damages issues.
While in law school, Brian interned for the Hon. David B. Vaughan, Justice of the Supreme Court of New York, Kings County. He joined the firm following a clerkship with the Hon. W. Hunt Dumont, Presiding Judge of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Morris County.
- Representation of unsecured bondholders of Caesars Entertainment Operating Company, Inc.
- Representation of one of the largest accounting and CPA firms in the nation in connection with an alleged Ponzi scheme.
- Representation of the receiver for a massive New Jersey based Ponzi scheme.
- Representation of swap counterparty in the Lehman bankruptcy.
- Pro bono representation of unaccompanied minors from Central America seeking legal immigration status.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2008, Fordham Environmental Law Review
- University of Rochester, B.A., 2004
Bar Admissions : New Jersey, New York
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
Rate : $$$