Brian L. Olion focuses his practice on patent preparation, prosecution, and related counseling in a variety of technology areas including software related technologies, blockchain technology, e-commerce, optics, semiconductors, semiconductor manufacturing, mechanical devices, and data transfer/manipulation methods.
Prior to joining the firm, Brian worked as an patent associate in the Palo Alto office of an international law firm in its Patents Prosecution Group where he focused his practice on preparing and prosecuting U.S. and foreign patent applications.
Previously, he spent several years working as a patent examiner at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office where he examined patents related to digital rights management, cryptography, network security, and secure content delivery.
- *Prepared and prosecuted patent applications related to e-commerce content filtering and product placement.
- *Prepared and prosecuted patent applications related to user interface virtual reality, cell phone, and wearable technology as it relates to tailoring content for display capabilities.
- *Prepared and prosecuted patent applications related to feedback scores, qualifying sales leads, and click-through sales.
- *Prepared and prosecuted patent applications related to semiconductor manufacturing and semiconductor fabrication facility design.
- *Prepared and prosecuted patent applications related to optical imaging.
- *Prepare various Inter Partes Review petitions to challenge patent validity in front of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- *Counseled clients on open source compliance issues in internal development, licensing transactions, and M&A.
- *Assisted in reviewing and negotiating licensing agreements.
- *Assisted clients in complying with compliance with legal and contractual privacy and data security requirements.
- George Washington University Law School, J.D. (2015)
- North Carolina State University, B.S., Electrical Engineering (2008)
- Admitted in California; not admitted in Colorado, practicing exclusively before the USPTO (2015)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (2014)
Rate : $$$