Brian Arthur is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s New York office, where he advises on international and US federal taxation. Mr. Arthur regularly presents on transfer pricing and international tax issues for organizations such as Bloomberg BNA and various Firm client seminars. He has also authored several articles on these topics.
Mr. Arthur focuses on federal transfer pricing, international tax controversy and international tax planning. He also counsels on audits, appeals, litigation, competent authority and other stages of dispute resolution.
Representative Legal Matters:
- Advising a large, multinational banking group on the transfer pricing implications under the global dealing regulations of their trading activity in the US, London, and Hong Kong.
- Representing a business process outsourcing company in competent authority proceedings for proposed transfer pricing and permanent establishment adjustments by the Indian tax authorities.
- Representing oil and gas partnerships in proceedings involving the IRS’ disallowance of intangible drilling costs.
- University of Florida (LL.M. Taxation) (2004)
- University of Florida (J.D. Honors) (2002)
- University of Florida (Masters of Accounting) (2002)
- University of Florida (B.S. Honors) (1998)
- California~United States (2010)
- New York~United States (2009)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit~United States (2006)
- District of Columbia~United States (2006)
- U.S. Tax Court~United States (2006)
Professional Associations and Memberships : J. Edgar Murdock American Inn of Court
Rate : $$$